Our blog has moved to our official website www.girlonthewing.ca , see you there!

Girl on the Wing is a retail boutique specializing in vintage clothing and antiques. The shop is a well-curated collection of“lovely little things” that have been collected over time and from the far corners of the world. Girl on the Wing is the start of something special, a style empire where all good things come together. A lovely, romantic atmosphere where one finds inspiration in the past, music, culture and dreams. A little haven of loveliness, where people can shop, interact, share and play dress up to their heart’s content.

Director and proprietor, Whitney McMeekin, is a graduate of Ryerson University with a BDes in Fashion Communication. Her love of the past and style have taken her through many experiences, both within the fashion industry and in different specialty retail shops. Through her years of learning and taking part in this industry, she has been collecting pieces from every place she goes and has accumulated a collection that offers something for any type of person with an appreciation for style.

Located at 181 King Street East in beautiful Hamilton, Ontario.

Monday, April 29, 2013

Spring Shots (Sneak Peek)

Today we shot the Spring Lookbook that will debut at the shop's grand opening! It was an amazing day with a beautiful team of women. There's nothing I love more than styling shoots and having friends there makes the day that much better!

A huge thank you to my lovely photographer, Heather Manning, who never ceases to amaze with her warm and bubbly personality and trained eye that always ends in those wow shots! Ever since I first saw her work a few years ago, I've been waiting to work with her and I was so lucky to finally get my chance!

On hair and makeup, my longtime friend and collaborator, Ms Christina Spina, is probably the sweetest girl I know and always brings such a calm and cool demeanor to every shoot that helps relax my anxious little heart. She always gets what I'm going for and is such a pleasure to work with.

I also had some amazing help from my new friends, Amanda Cordero and Trisha Topalopoulos. I met both these girls at the Vintage Marketplace a few weeks ago and I truly believe fate brought them to me. Amanda was so helpful with getting the location set up and helping me brainstorm the past week or so. Trish is my styling partner-in-crime, and knows how to accessorize the outfits I put together like no other! So happy to have met these two talented ladies and work on many more projects in the future.

Finally, Imogen and Lindsay from Spot6 were my beautiful and patient models. We asked a lot of them to trek up a bazillion stairs in high heels, and try and look glamorous amid layers of dust and debris. They are both so good at what they do and I see wonderful things in both of their futures.

Can't wait to show you all the final product! Stay tuned...

Thanks to Heather for posting this on her Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment